Thursday, October 25, 2012

A thought about why organic church isn't flourishing in North America

I have been reading and hearing people speak about why simple, organic church isn't flourishing the way it appears to be in some Third World countries, particularly ones which face overt persecution.  I will write more on this later when I have thought through this more thoroughly, but I have an idea, which, I admit, may be totally wrong, but also might be worth thinking about.

Could it be North American culture is different in some way or ways from other cultures that the person-by-person, word of mouth method doesn't work here?  We have now been in a culture where every important and not so important idea, right or wrong, is crammed down our throat by advertising and media commentary, that we in this culture, believer or non-, cannot picture receiving any important thought by any other means?

No comments:

Post a Comment