Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Humor and a little investment advice

I believe that in the near future, I will finally get some of the five minute Simple Church Minute programs on a radio station in my area. Since I've been working on this project on and off for a couple of years now, it begins to feel like an end and a beginning, similar to when I was at a community radio station about 30 years ago, when it was finally to go on air. Even if very few hear, it is something.
---
As I've said in previous blogs, I collect quotes. As a collection, it doesn't cost hardly anything. They tend to be humorous, and shows how I follow sports, to a degree. This will finish up with a piece of information on money I heard just about a year ago, and I just found the scrap of paper.
(to the tune of the Scooby Doo theme)
Scooby Dooby Do, where are you?/Can't you afford a G P S?/If you had a better a-a-agent/Maybe the answer would be "Yes". --me
Pro football is the only field where you have to overcome the stigma of having gone to Harvard. ---Mike Greenberg
What differentiates me from my colleuges is--I'm a Mexican, ... not a Mexican't. ---Aaron Sanchez
If a basketball team took the nickname Bitter Buzzards, then, when they finally won a game by making a shot at the final horn, it would be a Bitter Buzzards buzzer beater.
I was sent to the grocery store to get some celery. I couldn't find celery, so I bought a hammer. I was not sent to the grocery store again.
If one had a team called the Auks, then one could say that on their home games, the opposition always comes to the game auk-wardly.
Holding a grudge is like letting someone live rent free in your head. --anonymous
Gold tends to go up in September because tradition in India is that that is the time to get married, increasing demand for gold in that part of the world, and therefore, the whole world. ---Jim Kramer, Mad Money, 8/23/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment